Monday, January 5, 2009

get involved in the industry



One way to get involved is at FASHION WEEK! Twice a year is the Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week in Los Angeles. The FIDM career center always has information on this event and how students can sign up to become backstage dressers, guest check-in, gift-bags stuffers, runway helpers.... or other volunteer opportunities. Don't miss out!

As a journalist for a local LA magazine, I was fortunate enough to attend MB Fashion Week and it was the best experience and the most exciting for a student who is still learning and exploring this industry. I got to meet designers, models, editors, buyers, celebrities... it is quite the scene to be at. After being a part of Kevan Hall's 'Open Door' show, I was hooked. I knew this is where I belong...

Pictured: FIDM Students, AJ & Teri T. with fashion designer and FIDM Alum, Kevan Hall (center).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home