Thursday, May 27, 2010

talk is cheap.

I can't help but think about how close to the end it is... God, how FAST time flies! I coud've sworn the year JUST started... and we're almost already half way through 2010?! I have some very big decisions to make in these next few weeks.

Until then, it's projects, presentations, and portfolio prep. Oh, and visiting my Career Advisor WEEKLY. Since we're on this topic... the other day my teacher talked about VIRTUAL portfolio in my Contemporary Business Strategies class. Any of you heard of this before? With this competitive market, it's not enough to just have a resume on your job search... now I've got to show MYSELF online with my "personality" and all? Wow. Imagine where our world is going. I've also learned that you need to make sure your "google" self is professional. That means if they look you up on google (and yes, they will), your sloppy-drunk photos from facebook won't pop up. Word to yo mama.

Ahem...Resume, check. Cover Letter, check. Profile Packet, mmmm...check. Online Virtual Portfolio... NOT check. Let's get on it. (http://www.visualcv.com/) ;-)

I'll be back. Maybe this time, I'll attach a video of me talking instead of writing... LOL.

Ciao, xo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home