Sunday, March 8, 2009

Draping more than fulfilling -

For me, draping is my favorite part of being a fashion designer.

In order for anyone to understand how a garment translates onto a body, it should be seen tangibly on a manniquen.

Yes, fashion sketching is important, but if you don't understand the construction of the fabric, how it is sewn, and how it goes together, being pretty on paper is not enough.

Utimately, it has to come together, beautifully.

How much do I drape?
Too much! More than I need to. I drape to the point where I miss other homework assignments. I have a habit of doing things over and over again.

When it comes to sewing and draping, I'm a perfectionist.
Anything else, that's another story.

--Michelle Sorlea

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home